Is SMS Marketing part of your salon’s marketing strategy? The astronomical evolution of smart phone and technologies can’t be overlooked. Strange but the fact is, there are more mobile devices on this planet than people to hold them! And hence, incorporating SMS marketing tactics into your marketing mix is a MUST.
What are the Profits of SMS Marketing for Beauty Salons?
- You can keep clients up-to-date about salon offers and promotions, as well as confirm appointment schedules with prompt SMS service.
- SMS marketing allow easy integration with website, email marketing and social media.
- Upsurge customer engagement by running contests and offering a chance to win free product or service if revert promptly.
- When business is sluggish, instant promotional messages can be sent out endorsing a special coupon or discount.
- Gentle reminders can be sent to clients & last minute opportunities to schedule appointments can also be provided to fill cancellation slots.
To squash the most marketing juice out of your SMS marketing strategy below points are vital to follow:
1. Keep it short and simple:
SMS allow 160 characters space therefore, brevity is of utmost significance. Getting to the point immediately by cutting out unwanted marketing fuzz and gimmicks.
2. Don’t slip standards when texting
Text messages have the ability to create first impression of your salon, and a minimal glitch can tarnish your brand image too. Therefore, don’t make brevity an excuse to mistake. Watch spellings, grammar, punctuation etc. And strictly avoid abbreviation.
3. Target right audience:
Don’t forget the basic rule of marketing – “NOT TO NAG”, target audience wisely. If you are promoting a flash offer which is related to females, it’s not a good idea to send text messages to male clients and vice versa.
4. Send personalize texts:
As mobile phones are very personal & private means of communication, it is imperative and recommended to be as personalized as possible. SMS marketing is well known to be intimate and instant, thus always use your salon client’s name and make them feel as text was meant just for them.
5. Always Include a Call to Action:
Don’t forget to include a call-to-action in your SMS such as ‘Call us now to book your appointment’ or ‘Text us back if you would like to book’ or ‘Visit our website to know more’. Give a discount to those who promptly book an appointment and establish time limits to encourage prospects to immediate take action.
6. Measure SMS marketing results:
Text message reminders reduces the no-show counts dramatically. Moreover, including a code with text promotions can help measure results to evaluate what tactic worked and what didn’t.
7. Quick Hello:
Texting can also be used to grab attention of clients you haven’t seen for a while. A quick “hello” can revive your connections with these clients. For instance – ‘Hello there, we haven’t seen you in while, hope all well, book your appointment this month and avail free hair cut with full body wax’.
To conclude, SMS marketing has huge potential. In salon business as acquiring customers are important, equally retaining old clients are imperative to get most success and fetch bigger profits. Therefore, incorporating SMS marketing in your marketing mix is undoubtedly crucial.
Written and posted on March 27th, 2016 by Aditi Bhatt
Copyright: bulksmsdubai.com 2016. All rights reserved.